Focus on the best Champagne,
Sweet and White wines of 2017
Today is Christmas day! And what is better than white wines to start your family meal or paired with your sea food dishes? Last week we were focusing on the red wines and today, it is time to learn more about some whites, sweets and champagnes that you maybe doesn’t know!
Let’s start with the sweets. An amazing number of sweet wines have been tasted this year and from all over the word. But, the best examples have been produced in the very famous Sudoststeiermark (Austria) and Tokaj (Hungary). First one is Neumeister – Saziani 2013 and reach 95 Points as the Holdvolgy – Culture 6 Puttonyos Aszu 2009.
Next step, you are maybe impatient to know which Champagne has been the best scored one. The very famous Bollinger – R.D. 2002 and Piper Heidsieck – Cuvée Rare 1998 with 96 points for each one, are the two best scored Champagne, just followed by Champagne Guy Charlemagne – Mesnillésime 2008 and its 95 points.
Sweet wines, Champagne, this is very traditional for high score but Andreas Larsson also was impressed by some other wines and gave the highest score of 95 points. One is, for him, maybe the best wine in Austria and it is Erwin Sabathi – Ried Possnitzberg Alte Reben Chardonnay Große STK Lage 2015. Schloss Gobelsburg – Ried Lamm 1oTW 2015 is the second one. And last but not least, one of the favorite style of wine of the Best Sommelier of the World, coming from the southern Spain, Bodegas Tradición – Palo Cortado Tradicion Vors 30 Años.
With 95 or 96 points, all those wines are defined by Andreas Larsson as “outstanding to world class wines”, they possess “complexity, nuance, terroir expression, age worthiness, concentration and length.”
So, you didn’t know how to pair your favorite Christmas meal? Now you do!
Find all those wines on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts every day.
- Bodegas Tradición – Palo Cortado Tradicion Vors 30 Años NV – Spain – Andalucia – Jerez Sherry
- Neumeister – Saziani 2013 – Austria – Sudoststeiermark – Vulkanland Steiermark – Trockenbeerenauslese – Gemischter Satz – Sweet
- Holdvolgy – Culture 6 Puttonyos Aszu 2009 – Hungary – Tokaj – Sweet
- Bollinger – R.D. 2002 – France – Champagne
- Piper Heidsieck – Cuvée Rare 1998 – France – Champagne
- Schloss Gobelsburg – Ried Lamm 1oTW 2015 – Austria – Niederosterreich – Kamptal – Reserve – Gruner Veltliner
- Erwin Sabathi – Ried Possnitzberg Alte Reben Chardonnay Große STK Lage Reserve 2015 – Austria – Steiermark – Sudsteiermark
- Guy Charlemagne – Mesnillésime 2008 – France – Champagne