Chateau Grand Pontet
at Vinexpo with TASTED 100% Blind
Vinexpo is one of the largest exhibitions for wine professionals and spirits from around the world. From the 18th to the 21st of June in the fantastic city of Bordeaux. Vinexpo will host 80 lecturers, 2350 exhibitors and about 50,000 visitors. Right in the heart of the fair (Hall 1, CD 339 and DE 339) 240 m2 of passion for blind tasting. With over 100 winegrowers from around the world in our Stand. A must for winemakers and wine lovers like us.
Chateau Grand Pontet will be protagonists this year with Tasted 100% Blind and Andreas Larsson, the Best Sommelier of the World. Formerly owned by the merchant firm of Barton & Guestier, Grand Pontet has belonged to a family-owned company since 1980. Sylvie Pourquet-Bécot has been manager since 2000. The vineyard has undergone constant renovation thanks to ongoing investments, and special attention is paid to environmental concerns.
The care taken in both the vineyard and the cellars gives the wine a status as one of the finest classfied growths, as well as one that faithfully reflects its terroir.
This are their wines you will find in Vinexpo TASTED 100% Blind:
• Château Grand-Pontet 2009 – France – Bordeaux – Saint Emilion – Grand Cru Classé – Red
• Château Grand-Pontet 2010 – France – Bordeaux – Saint Emilion – Grand Cru Classé – Red
• Château Grand-Pontet 2011 – France – Bordeaux – Saint Emilion – Grand Cru Classé – Red
• Château Grand-Pontet 2013 – France – Bordeaux – Saint Emilion – Grand Cru Classé – Red
• Château Grand-Pontet 2015 – France – Bordeaux – Saint Emilion – Grand Cru Classé – Red
Grand Pontet has 14 hectares of vines in a single block, 700 metres from the collegiate church in Saint-Emilion.
Located on the plateau west of the medieval town, the terroir consists of three types of soil:
• superficial soil on limestone
• clay-limestone soil
• sandy soil on a clay-limestone subsoil
The vines are an average age of 35 years old, and there are 5,500 to 7,000 vines per hectare:
• 70% Merlot
• 15% Cabernet Franc
• 15% Cabernet Sauvignon
You are more than welcome to join us and live
the Tasted 100% Blind concept at CD 339, DE 339 Vinexpo stand in Bordeaux.
For any queries please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org