Best Wines Of The World - Top 50 Sweet Wines
Thousands of wines tasted in blind conditions, about 600 Sweet wines scored… This week, we are able to present our Top 50. Now, between so many countries as Switzerland, Hungary, Spain, France, South Africa, Germany, Austria and more… Find who the best TASTED100%BLIND Sweet wine is. Two categories are represented here, older than 2006 and from 2006 to now.
Sweet Wines top 10:
• 98 Points – Tokaj Pendits – Tokaji Aszú Essencia 2005 – Hungary - Tokaj
• 97 Points – Bürgerspital – Würzburger Abtsleite 2011 – Germany - Franken Eiswein
• 97 Points - Chateau d’Yquem 2013 – France – Bordeaux Sauternes/Barsac - 1er Cru Superieur
• 97 Points - Tokaj Oremus Winery – Tokaji Aszú 5 Puttonyos 2006 - Hungary – Tokaj
• 97 Points - Weingut Graf Von Schonborn – Hallburger Schlossberg Riesling – 2010 – Germany – Franken – Trockenbeerenauslese
• 96 Points - Chateau Coutet – 2010 France - Bordeaux Sauternes/Barsac 1er Grand Cru Classe
• 96 Points - Weinbau Michael Wenzel – Ruster Ausbruch Saz 2007 – Austria – Neusiedlersee Hügelland Burgenland
• 96 Points - Weingut Haider – Samling 88 2010 - Austria - Trockenbeerenauslese Nektaressenz
• 96 Points - Weingut Horst Sauer - Escherndorfer Lump 2013 – Germany – Franken Beerenauslese
• 96 Points - Weingut Witwe Dr. H. Thanisch Erben Muller-Burggraef – Berncastelertor 2011 – Germany – Mosel Saar Ruwer Auslese
Weinbau Michael Wenzel – Ruster Ausbruch Saz 2007
Austria – Neusiedlersee Hügelland Burgenland
Very luscious and intense palate with a remarkable concentration yet marked by an excellent freshness, complex flavours of dried apricot, chestnuts and white truffle, incredibly long and bold finish, a very complex wine with a 50-year potential.
Domaine Weinbach – Clos Des Capucins Cuvée D’or 2008
France – Alsace – Grand Cru Altenbourg
High sweetness but also some aged notes and an approaching complexity, layered and spicy with an unctuous texture and very long opulent finish, really good drinkability today underlined by bright acidity and fine potential, excellent purity all along.
Patricius Tokaj – 6 Puttonyos Aszú 2006
Hungary – Tokaj
That’s a beautiful perfume! I absolutely adore this! I think this is a remarkably structured wine, combining that unctuousness, very high sweetness, but well underlined by this invigorating freshness and that beautiful wealth of yellow fruit, stone fruit, apricot and honey, there’s some notes of saffron, and a very very long intense finish. This is something I think you need to love. Beautiful.
Clos Haut Peyraguey – 2013
France – Sauternes 1er Grand Cru Classé
Light to medium deep golden colour. Layered nose showing fine oak, almond, pastry, yellow fruit and fine wood. The palate has good bite, dense but with a vital acidity, good oak and toastiness, fresh acidity, notes of lemon confit, earl grey and a long lingering finish, already delicious but with great potential. Really what great Sauternes is all about.
Weingut Gunderloch – Nackenheim Rothenberg Riesling Trockenbeerenauslese 2015
Germany – Rheinhessen
Bright medium deep golden colour. Very intense nose of tropical fruit, tobacco leaf, saffron and black tea. Very unctuous and dense palate with intense sweetness, yet with a bright fresh backbone. Very unctuous and truly long finish. Still young with a tremendous potential but quite tempting.
Disznókő Kapi Vineyard – Tokaji Aszu 6 Puttonyos 2011
Hungary – Tokaj
Light golden colour. Very pure and complex nose with stone fruit, apricot, red pepper, honey, some earthy mineral and truffle notes. The palate has a very fine harmony, concentrated, yet fresh with invigorating acidity, layers of yellow fruit, fine spices and very long, crisp finish, very fine potential.
Pithon Paillé – 2013 - Quarts de Chaume Grand Cru
France – Loire Valley – Grand Cru
Floral, fruity and intense nose with a mineral notion, ripe quince, pear, saffron and Earl Grey, still young but already complex. The palate has a very good density without heaviness, excellent bite and freshness with ripe quince, apricot, good extract, notes of lemon confit and fine spices followed by a very long finish, very good balance and purity. Excellent potential.